You may think your website is performing just fine, but your customers have high standards and, more important, other options. Potential customers will give up on your website if:
- 1.) It looks bad and doesn’t seem to work on their favorite mobile device. What does it mean for a website to be “responsive”? One way to think about it is that your website code checks and responds to the dimensions of the screen and the features available on almost any cell phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop.
- Bottom line: Your website should look good and work as well on a cell phone screen as it does on a huge monitor. Website Updates can help.
- 2.) It takes more than 3 seconds to load. It may look gorgeous, once…the…page….loads, but not even your favorite relative will wait around for your gallery to load; instead they’ll go back to their search and select your competitor’s website.The usual culprit here is your collection of images, photos, graphics; have they been optimized for the web? It might also be slow due to extras like plug-ins.
- Bottom line: Your website should load in nanoseconds. Run a free website speed test on your site at https://www.webpagetest.org/. If you don’t like what you see, give us a call.
- 3.) Your website isn’t secure. Even if your website does not provide e-commerce functionality, Google is starting to indicate caution for websites that do not have an SSL cert installed. For example, this website has an SSL certificate installed:
- Bottom line: You don’t want your website visitors to be concerned about submitting their email address or using your website. PLUS, you do want the search engines to take note and give your web pages a tiny edge in search result ranking.
If you’d like to see improvements in how your website is performing, call me at (434) 282.3105 and we’ll tackle it.